Fashion industry clients have found that the firm can help them navigate the diverse, often-challenging landscape of fashion design development and protection, fashion retail and e-Commerce operations, as well as the nuts and bolts of launching a brand or collaborating with other brands or synergistic partners, including:
– Setting brand business affairs strategy (hiring team, sourcing deals, trademarks)
– Co-promotional and co-branding deal negotiation
– Brand portfolio development and protection
– Negotiating, and drafting manufacturing, distribution, and factoring deals
– Celebrity endorsement and promotion deals
– Private label design, distribution and profit-sharing deals
– Acquiring rights in existing materials (fine art, film, literary, or pop culture imagery)
– Resolving disputes among brands and manufacturers, retailers, or customers
■ Emerging Designers: Represented fashion designer in all aspects of new business: drafted manufacturing, export, vendor, licensing, employee, and work-for-hire agreements
■ Trademark: Negotiated co-existence agreement and prepared trademark registration amendments to avoid conflicts between independent designer and major fashion retailer.
■ Brand Ambassador Rights: Negotiated, drafted joint venture deals between entertainment personality and major fashion brands to co-develop and cross-promote capsule collections.
■ Branded Accessories: Represented fashion designer in deals with prominent jewelry designer to co-develop and maintain joint e-commerce portal for signature jewelry line.
■ Fashion Brand Separation Agreement: avoided litigation between fashion brand principals by negotiating buy-out of existing inventory, settling manufacturer dispute, and negotiating co-existence agreement, enabling two separate brands to emerge.